This course explores some of the more complex metaphysical concepts such as Oneness and creation as well as offering a Unity perspective on some terminology that is commonly used by much of mainstream Christianity. In the process aspects of student’s embedded theology is exposed and Unity Teachings are clarified.
Topics explored in this class are:
- Beingness, Oneness, Divine Mind
- The Divine Paradoxes
- The Trinity
- Evil, Sin, the Devil
- Jesus, the Christ, Jesus Christ, Christ Jesus
- The Threefold Nature of Humankind (Spirit, soul, body)
- The Three Phases of Mind (Superconscious, conscious and subconscious)
- Personality, Individuality
- The Spiritual Universe, The Physical Universe
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Compare and contrast their current view of God with Unity’s view of God.
- Differentiate between who you are and what you are.
- Compare and contrast Jesus, Christ, Jesus Christ, Christ Jesus, and explore the relationship and importance of these concepts in the student’s life.
- Synchronize the three phases of mind with humankind’s three fold nature.
- Heart-Centered Metaphysics by Paul Hasselbeck
- Applying Heart-Centered Metaphysics by Paul Hasselbeck and Cher Holton – Chapters 10-18
- The Revealing Word by Charles Fillmore
- Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady
- Point of Power by Paul Hasselbeck