ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEST
Tuesdays, January 25 – February 22, 6:00-8:00pm
Exciting news: we are going to combine the two Bible subjects, Overview of Hebrew Scriptures and Interpretation of same, into one subject! This means we can explore both the history and development of the Hebrew Scriptures and the Metaphysical Interpretation, making a much more exciting and meaningful journey through the Bible.
The Hebrew Scriptures are at the root of three major world religions—Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Hebrew Scriptures are a collection of fascinating and sometimes confusing stories, poetry, wisdom sayings and inspired visions. While some stories in Hebrew Scriptures are little known outside scholarly circles, others have become commonplace in conversation, for example “David and Goliath.” Students will explore the history and development of Hebrew Scriptures, thereby acquiring a solid foundation for continuing study and exploration.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:Identify parts and origins of the Hebrew Scriptures.
- Identify parts and origins of the Hebrew Scriptures
- Identify the writers and the times of the writings
- Compare time periods and explain their significance
- Explain how the Hebrew Scriptures can present the story of the evolution of the consciousness of humankind
- Interpret stories, characters and places metaphysically
- Relate the interpretations to life today
- Interpret the stories maieutically for deeper meaning.BIBLE 1 will be followed by BIBLE 2, commencing April 5th, completion of which will give credit students full credits for two subjects.