Bible Interpretation: Acts to Revelation – September Intensive
ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEST
September 3-4, 6-8, 10:10am-12:00pm
Unity’s “maieutic” and metaphysical approach to interpreting scriptures aims to help the interpreter cultivate self-knowledge and make contact with the Higher Spiritual Self commonly called “Christ within” and “Christ consciousness.” Students discover inner spiritual meanings of Christian Scriptures (Acts through Revelation) as they continue to apply the Unity method of interpretation to Christian Scriptures, “the New Testament.”
Course Learning Objectives:
- Define maieutic Bible interpretation and metaphysical Bible interpretation.
- Develop an understanding the principles and key concepts for metaphysical interpretation, as taught in Unity.
- Demonstrate the ability to use the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary, The Revealing Word and your own intuitive sense for finding deeper meaning in Bible passages.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the seven-step process of metaphysical Bible interpretation by applying it to selected passages from Acts to Revelation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the maieutic interpretive process by applying it to selected passages from Acts to Revelation.
- Develop an appreciation for the different forms of literature in this section of the Bible and how to use them for your own spiritual growth and in ministry.
- Metaphysical Bible Dictionary
- The Revealing Word by Charles Fillmore
- Be Ye Transformed by Elizabeth Sand Turner
- NRSV Bible, New Revised Standard Version