Foundations of Unity
ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEST
Tuesdays, August 29 – September 26, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Building consciousness, knowledge and skill in any endeavour begins with learning the foundational principles. This course is designed to introduce those that are exploring the foundational teachings that underpin the Unity Spiritual practice and assist them on their learning paths. Attendees will explore the principles from the writings of Emilie Cady’s Lessons in Truth and Eric Butterworth’s Discover the Power Within You as well as other historical texts. Attendees will investigate and learn how to integrate these principles into their daily life.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify, reflect upon and explain the reasons for humankind’s state of bondage. Identify might keep you in bondage.
- Describe “God” as divine paradoxes:
- Principle and Personal
- Immanent and Transcendent
- Masculine and Feminine
- Law and Grace
- Define the three fold nature of God and Humankind
- Articulate the power of affirmative prayer with the use of Denials and Affirmations
- Explain the metaphysical teachings of Jesus Christ according to Eric Butterworth
- Create an action plan that will support you in your personal spiritual growth
- Apply teachings of Jesus in life situations
- Explain and demonstrate the law of manifestation
The books for this course are:
- Discover the Power Within. Eric Butterworth. Unity Books
- Lessons in Truth. Emilie Cady. Unity Village, Unity, 2005
- The Revealing Word, Unity Books.
Required Website Readings:
- Session 1: Bio on H. Emilie Cady, https://www.truthunity.net/people/emilie-cady
- Session 2: Bio on Eric Butterworth, https://www.truthunity.net/people/eric-butterworth
- Sermon on the Mount, Emmet Fox. Harper Collins, 1989.
- How I used Truth. Emilie Cady, Kessinger Publication, 2010.
- How In Tune With The Infinite, Ralph Waldo Trine. Seven Treasures Publication. 2009.