ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEST
Tuesdays, April 5 – May 3, 6:00-8:00pm
Beneath the literal sense of the Bible, interpreters have for over 2,000 years discerned allegorical meanings related to divine truths and spiritual realities. Unity’s approach to scripture is connected to that stream of thought, which has at times been “mainstream” but more often “esoteric” and mystical. Students will experience the rewarding and surprisingly practical process of the Unity way of Bible interpretation. They will learn a step-by-step method for metaphysical interpretation and application of the meanings to their lives. Students will metaphysically interpret selected passages from Hebrew Scriptures.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify parts and origins of the Hebrew Scriptures.
- Identify and metaphysically interpret selected characters from Hebrew Scriptures.
- Explain the metaphysical approach to interpretation and know how to use the process to metaphysically interpret a story on their own.
- Relate the metaphysical interpretation of the Hebrew Scriptures to their spiritual journey and to life.
The books for this course are:
- Bible NRSV – preferably a Study Bible; recommended The New Interpreter’s Study Bible.
- The Revealing Word, Unity Books.
- Metaphysical Bible Dictionary, R.C.Douglass Unity Books.