ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEST
Saturdays, March 5 – April 2, 10:00am-12:00pm
Teachings about the Gospels have usually portrayed Jesus as the “great exception” to being human. However, by focusing upon his sayings, we can see Jesus as the “great example” for spiritual awakening, empowerment, and transformation. By exploring the teachings of Jesus, rather than the teachings about Jesus, we can follow that example. Students will develop a deeper and more practical understanding of Jesus as Master Teacher and Wayshower through reflection upon his sayings and methods.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe how Jesus prayed
- Describe how Jesus healed
- Identify the four teachings methods of Jesus
- Describe the main teachings of Jesus
- Relate the teachings of Jesus to their own life.
The books for this course are:
- Discover the Power Within. Eric Butterworth. Unity Books
- Sermon on the Mount. Emmet Fox
- Bible New Revised Standard Version – preferably a Study Bible; also recommended The New Interpreter’s Study Bible.
- The Revealing Word, Unity Books.
- Metaphysical Bible Dictionary, R.C.Douglass Unity Books.
- “The Lord’s Prayer” from Sermon on the Mount (handout),Emmet Fox. Essay.
- Your Hope of Glory. Elizabeth Sand Turner.Unity Books