ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEST
Facilitated by Diane Barry, LUT
Self-Awareness: Self-awareness is consciousness.
We will explore the thoughts, feelings, and beliefs that have shaped our lives and consciousness up to this point. As we understand how our ideas and experiences can shape our habits, we have an opportunity to explore fun and friendly strategies to make a conscious shift. As we shift our awareness, our lives change. These changes can assist us in coming into balance and developing an understanding of how to direct our thoughts to demonstrate the life of our dreams. Ultimately, Self-Awareness invites us to know who we are and provides a roadmap to take the actions to live authentically. This class is registered as an accredited SEE course through UNS.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify and articulate current belief systems regarding key areas of life such as but not limited to health, finances, and relationship.
- Express personal values and integrity.
- Articulate and engage in areas of emotional literacy
- Increase effective communication skills to enhance relationships.
- Evaluate and personal stressors and formulate mediation strategies.
- Recognize obstacles to self-esteem and self-love and develop strategies for increasing consciousness in these areas.
- Develop awareness of cultural background and conditioning and how it impacts our worldview.
- In the Flow of Life, Eric Butterworth, 1982.. Unity Village Publisher, Unity Books.
- Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World, Gay Hendricks. 2000. San Francisco.