ALL CLASS TIMES ARE AEDST
Tuesdays, November 16 – December 14, 6:00 – 8:00pm
Self-care involves making choices that reflect a consciousness of well-being. As we become aware of the care of our mind, body and spirit, we discover that when we are our best self, we make contributions to our family, our communities and our world consciously.
This course will provide guidelines and action plans for instilling practices of self-care in the areas of awareness, mindfulness, setting boundaries, letting go, forgiveness and self-love. The class will be both reflective and interactive as we build self-awareness and share what works in applying self-care practices into daily life. We will identify how to use this foundation in times of stress and chaos as well.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Clearly articulate the benefits of self-care, including ethical considerations
- Identify potential self-care deficiencies and incorporate preventive measures
- Differentiate and attend to the various dimensions of self-care
- Create a daily, weekly, and monthly self-care plan for spiritual nourishment.Demonstrate a priority for self-care on multiple levels of wellness
- Recognize and self-correct old patterns of unhealthy choices, thoughts and words
- Incorporate self-compassion and self-care techniques to soothe and support through difficult life circumstances
- Make requests from significant others to support desired shifts in consciousness